The Carmelite Church and Monastery are the architectural monuments of Dubno. The complex of buildings was created in the XVII-XVIII centuries in the baroque style. It consists of a brick church, a cell corps and stone gates in the southern part, where the main entrance to the building is located.
In 1890, the whole territory of the Carmelite Monastery along with the buildings weremoved to the Holy Cross Monasteryunder the royal decree, and the nuns were transferred to another place. The church then became a church in honor of Saint Job of Pochayev. A bell towerwas built over the entrance gate, anda high spire with a cupola – above the church.
In 1922, the church and the monastery were handed over to the Discalced Carmelites. Soonthe Catholic nuns, the sisters of Providence,owned the monastery. They hada children’s shelter and a school there. In addition, there was a vocational school called “ShkolaZavodova”. Nuns taught general education subjects, running of the households, sewing, sewing with a golden and silver thread. Not only Polish girls, but also Ukrainian were studying in this institution. People called the nuns “ladies” (“panyanka” in Ukainian). Due to this, the street which led to the monasterywas called “Panyanka Street”. Today, it is Shevchenko Street.
After September 1939, the monastery was eliminated. In 1946, a medical facility, Oncology Dispensary, was placed in the former monastic buildings. Nowadays it is an oncological hospice. Dubno Medical College is responsible for this establishment.
Length: 50.42634177894403 Width: 25.741743106082822